I asked my husband to tell me 5 things he wanted from me as a wife. This is what he said.
- Intimacy – I think most men would agree with this. Intimacy is an important part of our marriage and helps us feel loved and connected in a way only we can do for each other. Intimacy definitely isn’t the most important part of a marriage, but I do believe it is important.
- Me being a mom – He loves how I’m a mom to our boys. It makes him feel good to see how much I love our sons and that I take care of them. This made me feel good that he appreciates me as a mom as well as a wife.
- Having a relationship with my family and his – My husband and I are both family people. We love our families and each other’s families. This is very important to him. He is so happy that we all actually like each other. I couldn’t have been more blessed with in-laws that go on vacations together and spend holidays together, we love it.
- Me continuing to communicate – If you read my other blog then you would know that he struggles with communication. The fact that I communicate even though he struggles with it, means a lot to him. This meant a lot to me. It gave me an extra push of encouragement to continue to keep our communication open and strong.
- Showing kindness to others – He loves when I’m nice to others. Nice to his extended family, his friends, his co-workers and so on. To him, this makes him feel even prouder to call me his wife. There is something about being married to somebody who is genuinely nice. To be honest, I don’t think there are many people as nice and genuine to my husband. I’m happy he views me in this way too.
It took a long time for me to get these 5 things out of my husband but it was worth it! I loved hearing what he liked about me in our marriage and what was important to him.
Ask your husband what things he loves about your marriage or what he wants out of marriage. You may be surprised as to what you learn.