2019 will be my year. I have never done well with resolutions. I always said I would lose weight, quit soda, exercise and so on. My resolutions tended to be more superficial (I made them for the wrong reasons). This year, I’m setting goals. Goals that will better myself and my family. Goals that are being set for the right reasons. Goals that if I miss a day, I won’t feel I messed it all up and give up. This year is a new year. Here are my goals…
- To date my husband. Ever since we had our two handsome sons, we haven’t dated much. We have gone out on a few dates but haven’t even had a night alone in 3 years. My goal this year is to date my handsome husband. I want to get out of the house at least once a month, just him and I. It can be for a meal, a movie, a new adventure, whatever, just needs to be out of the house and just him and I. I also want to have an in house date once a month. After the kids are in bed, do a puzzle together, sit outside and watch the stars, play a game, anything that involves us doing it together. My last goal in dating my husband is to have our first night away from the kids. I will cry, I will stress, I will panic, I will call whoever is watching them for constant updates, but I know it’s needed. It’s so important for my relationship with my husband, for our marriage and for our kids for us to date and nurture our relationship.
- To get it together. With the birth of our second son, 3 months of colic, 9 months and counting of not sleeping through the night, on top of other changes within our household, I haven’t been able to get a grip on things. I love routines. I love when chaos is controlled 😊. I love when I have a system down. I have struggled all year to get a system together and haven’t been able to. This new year, I will get it together. I will have a daily checklist to make myself get into a routine. My house will be a bit more put together.
- More quality time as a family. The moments that we spend together with our boys or even just myself with one or two of my boys, will be moments of quality. The phone will get put down more. I will engage in more play with them. We will continue to make new memories. We will grow closer as a family.
- Cooking meals. Ugh! I hate to cook. I’m not good at it and I don’t enjoy it and I don’t have time for it. But…I have a 3 year old who needs good and nutritious meals. I have a 9 month old who needs to start eating more than just breast milk and purées. I need to start making this a priority. I need to not just pin meals to Pinterest and leave it there. I need to take action. We need a nice meal to sit down to together each night (along with some easy meals and take out meals).
- I need to make time for me. As a mom, you tend to lose yourself in your family. I need to take time out to do something for me. Go to eat with a friend, go to see a new show, take a half day at the beach. Anything where I can let myself recharge.
- Blogging. I am going to commit to this blog. I am going to learn how to blog. I’m going to take better pictures and accept help and tips and opinions. I’m going to grow this blog over the next year and I hope this blog helps others as well.