Spread the love
With my first child, it took 11 months until he slept through the night. By 9 months he was gently sleep trained. He was able to fall asleep on his own for naps and at bedtime. My 9 month old is a different story. Before he got sick this month, we had him at 3-4 hour sleep stretches and now we are back to waking 3-5 times a night. I’m at a loss as to what to do. We have tried several things now.
- Cry a little – turned into screaming fit
- Nurse and put to sleep – wakes often still
- Have daddy go in and put him back to sleep so he doesn’t smell mommy’s milk – worked a bit before he got sick
- Let him sleep in our bed – I can’t sleep and he still wakes frequently
- Have daddy sleep in his room (there is a crib and queen sized bed in there) – this is what worked the best before he got sick
Here we are, a month into colds and an ear infection and the sleep has gotten worse. I don’t do well with no sleep. I get angry more easily, lose my temper more quickly, cry more readily and am not mentally, emotionally and physically at my best. I know that sleep will eventually come but I pray it comes sooner than later. I’m trying to switch my mindset to be thankful for this extra time with, be thankful I have two healthy kids, be thankful he is home and not in a hospital, be thankful. Some days that’s easier than others.
As for today, this momma is going to try to survive on little to no sleep once again. This momma is going to do my best. I will let the unnecessary things go. I will complete and conquer the necessary stuff and I won’t let today get the best of me. One day my boys will be great sleepers and I will go into their rooms as teenagers and wake them up a few times, just to sit and talk and then go back to my room 😉
Spread the love